Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2.0 beta RC

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

Is packed up and currently uploading:

http://www.eglebbk.dds.nl/allegro-4.2/

I've unzipped the archive above and I tryed to build it in my system. However, I couldn't sucessfuly build it at the first time. The problem was in the file midi.c. I could sucessfuly fix it (commenting line 1537), and after looking at the latest CVS file midi.c I've found out that this error has already been fixed. Good news! After fixing this I could sucessfuly build the Allegro library for DJGPP (with WARNMODE=1 flag). The demo.exe seems to be working fine (except for the bogus dos\wss.c sound driver that causes my sound speaker to produce some very ungly sounds (I hope this doesn't put my hardware at risk)), but I hadn't time to test it throughly.

However, I couldn't install the library. See attached file error01.txt. In opposition to the previous bug (is this fine in English?), no one has posted a CVS update for mdhelper.bat, and I have no idea how to fix it. Conclusion: I could not install yet ALLEGRO 4.2 beta 1 in my system. There's also the possibility that my system is with some problem. But that's unlikely, since I could install sucessfuly the previous Allegro WIPs.

System configuration:
Windows 98 SE (Portuguese Brazilian)
 DJGPP 2.03
 GCC 3.3.4 (single Thread model)
 MAKE 3.79.1

I've downloaded ALLEGRO 4.2 beta 1 from
  http://www.eglebbk.dds.nl/allegro-4.2/

The zip archive is all420b.zip and the most recent file in archive is dated 2005.04.01 10:17

Attached are the error messages.

[]'s
Marcio.
mdhelper.bat c:\djgpp\lib
make.exe: *** [create-install-dirs] Error -1
Compiling Allegro for djgpp, optimised. Please wait...
gcc -DALLEGRO_SRC -DALLEGRO_LIB_BUILD -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused -Werror -mcpu=i586 -O2 -funroll-loops -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -I. -I./include -o obj/djgpp/alleg/midi.o -c src/midi.c
src/midi.c: In function `midi_lock_mem':
src/midi.c:1537: error: `midi_timer_frequency' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/midi.c:1537: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
src/midi.c:1537: error: for each function it appears in.)
make.exe: *** [obj/djgpp/alleg/midi.o] Error 1