Re: [AD] namespace cleanup

On Sunday 13 March 2005 08:07, Peter Wang wrote:
> default_font.diff makes the variable `_default_font' internal to
> src/font.c.  Is there some reason why _default_font was exposed in the
> first place?

One reason I can think of is if you change `font' and then want the default
Allegro font back afterwards (for instance, when using some of Allegro's
buildin dialog boxes and routines). I usually safe it and restore it
afterwards, but I can imagine that simply setting it back to _default_font
is more convenient. I never did that because I never knew the symbol even
existed before I started working on the font loading code!
As it's undocumented, I think it's ok to remove it from the public API.

> virt_voice.diff makes the variable `_voice' internal to src/sound.c.
> Again, was there some reason for it to be exposed?

This I don't know about.

> Finally, win_namespace.diff makes the driver variables
> `timer_win32_high_perf', `timer_win32_low_perf', `keyboard_directx' and
> `mouse_directx' all internal to their own modules.  These should be fine.

Agreed. As I recall, the DirectX driver also suffers from a lot of
functions that aren't static but could be, and if they're can't lack a
leading _ and a _directx_ part in their name...

Evert