Re: [AD] get_volume()

Lennart Steinke wrote:
Hi!

Allegro has lots of set_xxx functions, but only a few related get_xxx()
functions, so whenever I want to know such a value I have to include the
internal headers, which is kinda strange. If nobody objects, I'd a a
couple of methods like this one (should be in sound.c, line 760):

/* get_volume:
> [...]

While on the subject of adding get_xxx methods, another handy method would be to get the current graphics driver that is set with set_gfx_mode()'s 'card' parameter. If set_gfx_mode() is called with one of the magic drivers such as GFX_AUTODETECT, there is currently no way of knowing what driver is installed. The function get_gfx_mode_list(int card) requires a real driver and not a magic driver for the 'card' paramater, so if you want to know what resolutions are available using the current driver, you would have to set the graphics mode without using a magic driver and remember the driver-ID.

AE.