Re: [AD] Filtered d_edit_proc() patch

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 23:12, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Hm. I don't think we can change the assignment of any of the free data
> fields in the GUI procs, or all existing code using them will break.

If it's NULL?

> Maybe make it a d_input_proc (to avoid the _ex), and also add a callback
> which is called whenever text changes.

Makes sense, but...

> And if we really start now adding new GUI functionality, then I propose
> to add d_push_proc from AGUP, it simply adds a callback to
> d_button_proc, making it much more useful.

You're right - I think this falls under feature creep and we should stop
adding new things that haven't been discussed or proposed before some time
or we'll never finish 4.2.
As I said, I like it myself (having needed functionality like that in the
past) but we may need to draw a line...

Evert