Re: [AD] generic game loop

From: "Jon Rafkind" <workmin@xxxxxxxxxx>

I was wondering if Allegro could benefit from having a generic game loop function that users can use to run their games. I hope its not to ridiculous..

I definately think this is something that may belong in an Allegro tutorial, but not in the library itself. At this point you're moving into game engine territory and not low-level library functions.

That's not to say that a game engine library is a bad idea, I just don't think it should be part of Allegro's core competency, just as Allegro doesn't contain collision-detection or double-buffering functions.

--Chris