Re: [AD] Allegro generalization/extension mechanism

> I'm not sure what you're getting at... updating image loading code doesn't
> affect anything but the image loading code currently either.

Ok.. only to this point, I am replying. The rest is agreed.

Right, Evert. Here's an example:

Let's say that 4.3 wants a PNG routine. The idea is just like: we'll
just be adding a function called BITMAP *loadPNG() into BITMAP
*(loader_functions[]) and thorugh another function called
register_PNG_handler() so that load_bitmap() (in the core) is aware of
the new format as is.. :) because the handler extension hook is now
registered into the allegro's core system .. :) and tomorrow a
load_bitmap() can be called as-is for any other file type i want to
register..

--
Karthik
http://guilt.bafsoft.net