Re: [AD] Add timeBeginPeriod(1) to wtimer.c

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
On Tuesday 15 February 2005 13:44, Tobias Scheuer wrote:

as already discussed in the forum, I would propose to change the current
implementation of tim_win32_rest in wtimer.c to the following:

To summarize the discussion in the thread and the final conclusion, the end result was that we decided not to do this because results are too unpredictable across different machines and versions of Windows, right?

Evert

it benefits fast machines, it retards slower machines.
so overall, best not to touch it, until the slower machines are more extinct.

aj.