Re: [AD] hardware cursors clarifications

> >implementation and partly born from the idea that set_mouse_sprite()
could
> >be made strictly identical to
set_mouse_sprite_bitmap(CURSOR_ALLEGRO,bmp);
> >select_mouse_cursor(CURSOR_ALLEGRO).
> >

> That would be extremely nice if it was!  As it is, I have to try to get
> my head around the subtleties for the compatibility layer in the
> new_api_branch.

IMO, it's ok if the compatibility layer behaves as you describe: that
shouldn't break anything, makes for simpler and more transparent code and
may actually qualify as a bugfix. ;)
The reason it isn't strictly identical in the current implementation is
that it requires a slight rewrite to get it to work that way in a clean
way - the only way I could figure out how to do it with the current driver
would be several layers of stacked hacks. I may have missed something
glaringly obvious though.

Evert