[AD] Issues when building MSVC Allegro using Cygwin

I've tried to build Allegro 4.1.18 WIP for MSVC 6 using Cygwin under Windows 2000, and noticed three issues.

Firstly, when compiling wmouse.c, I get the following warnings:

obj/msvc/runner.exe cl @ -nologo -DALLEGRO_SRC -W1 -Gd -Ox -GB -MD -I. -I./include -Foobj/msvc/alleg/wmouse.obj -c src/win/wmouse.c
wmouse.c
src/win/wmouse.c(67) : warning C4090: 'function' : different 'const' qualifiers src/win/wmouse.c(67) : warning C4028: formal parameter 1 different from declaration

Line 67 is
  mouse_directx_enable_hardware_cursor,
which is inside the definition of "mouse_directx"

Secondly, I got the error in wwnd.c that a few other people reported that involved the title-bar. I replaced the WIP version of wwnd.c with a version from the latest CVS snapshot (for some reason, I could not patch with the diff posted by Daniel Schlyder) and it solved the problem. I thought I'd mention this because I think there should be some indication on the Allegro web-page for how to fix the problem.

The third issue involves installing the files once Allegro has been built. When I run "make install", I get the following error:

mkdir  C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/VC98/lib
mkdir: cannot create directory `C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/VC98/lib': File exists

After a bit of investigation, I found a line in makefile.all that might be the source of the problem.

existing_dirs = $(foreach dir, $(INSTALL_DIRS), $(wildcard $(dir)))

One theory that I have is that Cygwin make's 'wildcard' function does not expand paths in the shortened DOS form. What I did next was to replace the following line:

   $(foreach file, $(filter-out existing_dirs, $(INSTALL_DIRS)), \

with:

$(foreach file, $(filter-out C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/VC98/lib C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~4/VC98/include, $(INSTALL_DIRS)), \

...and "make install" succeeded.

Is there a way to 'Un-shorten' the path from within the makefile? MSVC 6's vcvars32.bat sets the path to the short version.

AE.