Re: [AD] Add timeBeginPeriod(1) to wtimer.c

Ideally, we would either find a document describing the implications of
timeBeginPeriod(1), or have some more test results.

all my net research has not found a single thing that mentions adverse effects.

I suspect (may be wrong though), that timeBeginPeriod(1) causes the
windows scheduler to be called 1000 times / second instead of just 100

i dont think the overhead is all that much.
its a cost worth paying, if its going to give us 1ms accuracy.

id like to see a really basic test app that i can try on my machine.
so now i think we all agree its a good thing, last thing to test
is if to put it once globally, or inside the al_rest().

if we find its slow on a 300mhz machine, yet is fast on a 3ghz machine.. do we go with it or not? personally im <rant> sick of pandering to almost obsolete archetectures</rant> and propose that if it doesn't get included because of slower archectures, that it gets included inside a some type of #ifdef INCLUDE_PERFORMANCE_CODE

aj.