Re: [AD] Current CVS: load_datafile_object fails for individual compression

Peter Hull wrote:

When using code like this
  DATAFILE* d=load_datafile_object(filename, objectname);
I get the following assert:
  Assert failed at line 1542 of src/file.c
if the datafile has individual compression. Uncompressed or global compression is OK.

Line 1542 reads
  ASSERT(!f->normal.unpack_data);

I believe that the problem is because pack_fopen_chunk calls create_lzss_unpack_data(), but pack_fclose_chunk does not call free_lzss_unpack_data(). However the code is rather complicated at that point. Hopefully someone with more experience can figure it out.

That looks about right, thanks. I will try to create a patch later in the week. We probably should have a test case or example for load_datafile_object().

Peter