Re: [AD] malloc() vs align_malloc()

Peter Wang wrote:
 > I doubt it would improve performance with our current code, but it
should be benchmarked.

i doubt it will degrade performance (with our current code), yet offer the user the ability to use SSE2 and/or developers to develop SSE code for future use in allegro. in the integer front, for instance, i can already see a SSE2 instruction that may make masked_blit signicantly faster.
for floats there are *many* SSE instructions that could be used.