Re: [AD] winXP ALT+key beep problem.

i offer a solution in:
http://www.allegro.cc/forums/view_thread.php?_id=465241&#target

before i make a patch, can anyone comment on the need for the WS_SYSMENU
flag in the CreateWindowEx() call.

Well, MSDN says the following:

WS_SYSMENU - Creates a window that has a Close (X) button in the non-client
area.

So I guess that we need it if we want the close button. Can you confirm
that this is the case?

that is true.
if you remove WS_SYSMENU from the CreateWindowEx() you do not get the close button (and no minimize either).

lets put it back in.

i also found out that you can return a value in the win_msg_proc that will prevent the beep. its in the MSDN docs for the WM_? msg that is sent when the user presses ALT+key.

(haven't time right now to check, got to go to work..)

aj.