Re: [AD] Re: CPU detection for Macintosh

Peter Hull wrote:
I didn't do this because, as you say, Allegro doesn't make any use of it.

I don't think not making use of it is a very good reason. The SSE3 flags and such were added, but they're not used. Some programs just like to report what it finds. Individual program could make use of the info too, and if Allegro detects it for coders, they wouldn't have to worry about making their own routines to find out.