[AD] djgpp cross compiler

In case it's useful for other developers, I built a djgpp cross compiler for Linux.

http://web.aanet.com.au/tjaden/dev/cross-djgpp-20050115-i486-1pw.tar.bz2 (8.3MB)

(It magically turns into a slackware package if you gzip it instead of bzip2 :-)

Using the attached script I could compile the Allegro 4.0.3 library, although makefile issues prevented it from compiling the examples and programs automatically (should be easy to fix, if not already done in newer versions).

Peter

PS. I didn't actually *run* any of the compiled programs under DOS or Windows yet, so...

#!/bin/sh
#
# By: Henrik Stokseth.
#
# This is a helper script for using a cross compiler to build and install
# the Allegro library. It is currently set up to use the Mingw32
# cross-compiler out of the box but you can edit XC_PATH and INSTALL_BASE
# to use it with for example a djgpp cross-compiler.
# Done that --pw

# 1. Put here the path on which the cross compiler and other tools
# for the target will be found with standard names.

XC_PATH=/usr/local/cross-djgpp/i586-pc-msdosdjgpp/bin:/usr/local/cross-djgpp/bin
XPREFIX=i586-pc-msdosdjgpp-

# 2. Put here the path for where things are to be installed.
# You should have created the lib, info and include directories
# in this directory.

INSTALL_BASE=/usr/local/cross-djgpp/i586-pc-msdosdjgpp

# Set up some environment variables and export them to GNU make.

CROSSCOMPILE=1
#MINGDIR=$INSTALL_BASE
DJDIR=$INSTALL_BASE
NATIVEPATH=$PATH
PATH=$XC_PATH:$NATIVEPATH

export CROSSCOMPILE DJDIR NATIVEPATH PATH XPREFIX
#export MINGDIR

# Then run make and pass through all command line parameters to it.

make $*