Re: [AD] A proposed solution to the alert issue

Elias Pschernig wrote:
On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 01:09 -0200, Marcio Fialho wrote:

   allegro_textbox (int num_buttons, char *format,  [printf_style
arguments], [buttons_arguments] );

Personally, I think that's overkill. Nothing stops you from creating a
DIALOG and display it with popup_dialog..

And there's already an addon which allows creation of allegro dialogs
out of printf style strings: http://adime.sourceforge.net/

Elias, Thanks a lot.
    I'm thinking of abandoning the whole idea of writing a replacement for alert. The reasons are the following:
  1 - After looking at alert3 source code I realized it would be too hard (at least for me). alert3 is already too much complicated.
  2 - There's Adime, a great addon. Even though I hadn't time to try it, I think it will solve most of my problems.

Best Regards,
Marcio.