Re: [AD] Re: [AL] allegro DTD

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 18:29 +0100, Stepan Roh wrote:
> You can't do $section->"api-section" or $section->{api-section} or
> something like that? That's bad. It's valid XML (what if there is
> namespace like in 'xml:lang'?). But I have nothing against dropping
> dashes.
>
> > I propose to use more conventional names, as opposed to trying to make
> > the file look pretty.
> >
> > examples:
> > api-section => api
>
> Too ambiguous.
>
> > cross-ref => xref
>
> Nice.
>
> Patch attached.

And here the proposed changes between the new and old _tx format, so
far. I hope we can finalize this all soon, since right now the XML
produced by Tomasu's script doesn't comply with the DTD, so it's hard
working with XSLT :|

--
Elias Pschernig
_tx format:

- rename "._tx", e.g. to ".atx" or ".ald" or ".alx", or
  even ".altex", ".aldoc", ".alex"
  reasons:
  - _tx is hard to type and can't be pronounced
  - there would be no confusion with the old _tx

- remove the following tags:
  @$ @contents @document_title @external-css @html @!html @html_footer
  @html_text_substitution @!indent @indent @index @man @!man @manh @mans
  @multiplefiles @rtfh @tallbullets @texinfo @!texinfo @text @!text
  @titlepage @!titlepage
  reason:
    they are output specific, but there should be only the documentation
    contents in it, and output should be handled by the respective output
    generators

  @headingnocontent
  reasons:
    seems unnecessary

- add the following tags
  @member
  reason:
    currently, struct/union members can't be documented in _tx

  @section
  @end
  reason:
    in the future, may have need for arbitrary nesting, e.g. when tutorials and
    similar things are written in _tx