Re: [AD] xmessage broken pipe

Chris wrote:

Updated patch. Now it doesn't use pipes at all, instead opting to pass the message directly via argv.

(Note this is what Julien's patch did before I changed it.)

I thought of a slight problem with this approach. If the message is "-print", "-center" or "-nearmouse" (and perhaps other options in future) then xmessage will think it is an option argument. A workaround is to put an extra space at the end of the message string (say, after the uconvert) before passing it to xmessage.

Peter