Re: [AD] Hardware accelerated blending

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 12:03, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> The attached patch (finally!) adds the actual call to the vtable hook for
> set_blender_mode and the nescessary defines.

Commited (with spurious spaces on one of the empty lines removed).

With the exception of font loading (a common request), this concludes my
list of wishes for 4.2.
There may still be some other things to do, especially for the Windows
port, before we can put 4.2.0 RC1 up. I think there are some stability
problems with calling set_gfx_mode() multiple times, as well as with the
AllegroMixer?
I'd also like to include the MSVC project file discussed in this thread:
http://www.allegro.cc/forums/view_thread.php?_id=442764 if that is stable/
useful enough to add.

I'd also like to hear Angelo's comment on the idea posted a while back to
eliminate the need for END_OF_MAIN() in MacOS X by forking() from
install_allegro and returning from the child but not the parent. It'll
probably be that it doesn't work, but I'd still like to have confirmation
of that ;)

> I'd also like to ask the AllegroGL people if there are other vtable hooks
> they think would be nice to have. It'd be nice if all future versions of
> AllegroGL can be used with Allegro 4.2 vanilla and not require a WIP.
More
> so because the 4.3 WIP series will be incompatible with the previous
> versions of Allegro.

This one still stands as well.

Evert