Re: [AD] Windows- Multiple cards causes Allegro to break

 --- Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
<cut>
> Yes, this probably makes a difference. I know
> Allegro was tested on
> multiple monitor systems a while ago, but that could
> have been from one
> video card.

I was one of the testers (in fact I have my PC at work
with two monitors and video cards, and allegro works
fine. But never had the time to dug inside the code
and figure how to "convince" allegro to use "another"
surface than the main created in the init section...
My intention was to have two windows working with
allegro (full screen both would be better, but I guess
DirectX does not make this easy) but my Directx
"expertise" does not go so far...

This problems with the two monitors in the same card
may be fixed is allegro finally allows two (or
multiple) monitor. The magic would be, for example,
"set_main_video(n)", where n is the "number" of
monitor-window you want to select. Then all the
allegro function would work with the selected video
(or window).

Kind regards, Hugo.

250MB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar