Re: [AD] [ alleg-Bugs-1061019 ] rest function seems not to work on OSX

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 17:26 -0800, Chris wrote:
> Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > Attached is a patch which should fix it, according to the reporter of
> > the bug.
>
> Why not just use usleep on all Unix/Linux systems where it's available?
> I've never understood why we use select when there are better
> alternatives for this very purpose.

That was my original idea. But while writing the config check for
usleep(), I gave up on it :P. And, according to my docs, usleep() is
deprecated in favor of nanosleep. And nanosleep/select just call the
other (don't remember which calls which). And nanosleep definitely would
need a config check.