Re: [AD] Re: [AL] allegro DTD

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 19:08 +0100, Stepan Roh wrote:

> They were not left on purpose, they were not considered. Those are
> presentation-level elements without clean semantic meaning. There is only
> one element like that in DTD and it's <tt> which has a semantic meaning of
> "things you type on computer, but are not code" (code should be written
> inside <code>).
>
> By looking into some _tx files, <i> is used only in std_disclaimer and <b>
> is used only in "definition lists". Looks like definition lists are not in
> DTD - should be added, I think.

Yes, <i> is not needed. And <b> should be replaced by definition lists.
But, i still think we should have something like <emphasize>.. e.g.,
from allegro._tx:

I have *never* claimed that bad things can't happen if you use TWEAK
This function must be called *before* initializing the library
draw_character_ex() _always_ uses a 256-color source bitmap
This function must be called _before_ install_sound()
You should _not_ close the file when you are done

And so on and on.. so apparently, we need something for it in the XML,
it shouldn't tell yet if <b> or <i> is used in the HTML or the color is
changed, but just a semantic construct to emphasize something.

> And it's not first draft, but draft 5, remember! :-)

Heh. Well, we should have need of a draft 6 soon. If things go so well
as they look right now, 4.2.0 may ship without makedoc. Hm, or at least
4.4.0 :)

--
Elias Pschernig