Re: [AD] XIM patch for Allegro 4.1.x

Julien Cugnière wrote:
Elias Pschernig a écrit :
Um. I guess this isn't such a good idea then. But I wonder why it aborts
- it seems to work here. All X11 drawing should use a pthread lock, so
even when drawing from the input thread, it should work in this case,
where nothing else (e.g. the mouse) is drawn. I guess it will work once
we clarify that _xwin_in_gfx_call issue. But for now, I'll not do any
changes to exkeys.

Maybe this is related to my responsiveness problem... I'm using Xorg 6.8.0, by the way, that might make a difference.

Hmm.. I'm surprised it doesn't deadlock. You're trying to draw to the screen in a input thread? The input thread should have its own XLOCK on while grabbing input, and drawing to the screen should result in another XLOCK.

Though I need to go through xvtable.c again.. it doesn't seem as though I'm locking properly.