Re: [AD] version check in allegro_init

ShadySlimGrady@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, we could bend the rules a little. As Elias suggested we could change install_allegro into a macro. For the rare cases where people take the address of install_allegro, we still define install_allegro as a function. If you call install_allegro and bypass the macro you won't get the version check, but that's okay.

This would be good, in my opinion, because it would be simpler to remove the version check in the stable releases.  You plan on removing it at that point, right?

Nope. Elias' patch already takes care of it (the final number is only compared if the middle number is odd).

Peter