[AD] Re: [AL] Can you try running exscn3d in 8bit mode?

for (i=0; i<256; i++)
{
  pal[i].r = 0;
  pal[i].g = 0;
  pal[i].b = i>>2;
 }

that code  before the  set_palette( pal );  in  main()
fixes the problem.
therefore  i say it  *is* a palette problem.

and sorry i dont write patches, you'll have to find some other sucker for that ;)

> At 01:12 AM 2/11/2004, you wrote:
> >Anyone got a screenshot? I get a lot of rotating cubes, but it runs
> >very slow. Can't see any color artifacts though.. but maybe I'm
> >looking for the wrong things - it looks confusing in any case.
>

> i took a look at the example code.
> the palette calculations are based on values from 0-255.
> but as far as i know the allegro palette entrys (when using ptrs*) should
> be between 0-63
>
> i presume this is the palette problem.
>
> start at  line 77. (wip4.1.16/examples/exscn3d.c) then line 85.

True, that looks wrong, well spotted. I guess it is luck (driver
dependent) if the extra bits in the RGB matter or not. Can you try
modifying this, and see if the problem persists? If it fixes it, you
could send a patch to [AD]..

--
Elias Pschernig