Re: [AD] X vsync emulation (timing)

Peter Wang wrote:
The problem is that the background thread runs at 100Hz. You can't update retrace_count at some arbitrary rate without introducing another thread, which is just overkill.

True.. but I think the timer should be designed so it attempts to increment at the speed of the reported refresh rate, instead of a flat 100Hz. And while you could do that in the input callback, I don't believe that's where it should be. As well, I think it should be updating retrace_count directly, or else we run the risk of vsync retraces being different than the reported retraces (which I believe we should avoid).