Re: [AD] XIM patch for Allegro 4.1.x

Elias Pschernig wrote:

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 20:03 +0200, Elias Pschernig wrote:
Cool! I will test it out some more later, but I saw a problem in exkeys: modifier keys should not stuff characters into the readkey() buffer.

Hm, you're right. I'll look into it.

Updated the patch to make this work. It should apply against updated
CVS.

Ok, I'll look at it later.

If vsync runs from the background thread, wouldn't it still need access
to the timer counter?

It wouldn't be running from the background thread. The vsync-emulation would work as it does now, but retrace_count would be incremented from the bgman thread instead of the timer thread. That should work, but it might cause other problems that I haven't thought about. To be safe (and for a nicer fit with the existing code), we can just introduce a different counter that is incremented from the bgman thread and leave retrace_count to be incremented by the timer thread.

Peter