Re: [AD] XIM patch for Allegro 4.1.x

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:03:04 +0200, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's interesting that this doesn't happen with current CVS. Maybe it is
> connected to now using the MMX for color conversion. I don't know which
> of the examples triggered it.. I was going through all of them to test
> the XIM patch, and one example triggered it. I'll put back vsync and see
> which one it is.

Please note that it's probably going to be an extremely rare
occurance. Not that we shouldn't fix it, but you'll probably almost
never run into it (since when the offending code is executed in the
main thead, it'll most likely be while that thread is sleeping. And
when the timer thread wakes up, the retrace counter will more than
likely be incremented before the mouse timer is run.

Another solution may be to do what Doom does/did.. make the vsync
function always wait for (1000/refresh_rate) milliseconds regardless.
Though that does seem ugly, it may be the only clean way to do it.
Unless X does provide a vsync function somewhere?

- Kitty Cat