Re: [AD] [patch] preliminary PIC support in ASM files

Sam Hocevar wrote:

  Here is the first part of my big PIC mode fixes for the
assembly functions. This patch is split in two: the first is for
src/i386/asmdefs.inc and defines convenience macros to handle global
symbols in PI code, and the second starts the big work of modifying code
that accesses global variables so that it uses the GOT and PLT in PIC
mode.

Sam, how has your experience been with this patch in Debian? Should we aim to include it in 4.2?

Peter