Re: [AD] Problems with keyboard

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 00:53 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> Elias Pschernig wrote:
>
> >Ok, I can confirm this, just the same happens here with the cvs version.
> >I believe this never worked (or does someone know that it worked?)
> >
> Works for me (4.0.3 and CVS).
>
> Just to confirm, you guys are getting the scancode from the readkey(),
> right?  i.e. scancode = (readkey()>>8)

I only tried exkeys, and the scancodes were just like he said (and i
ended up being completely stuck in the "Hit F6, stupid!" screen :P - not
even ctrl-alt-end helped).. had to switch to another VT and kill -9 it.

> >And I
> >wonder if it's worth fixing, since you could just use X11.
> >

> Not really a good policy.

Well, we dropped the signals version (and the DOS port?). But I wasn't
really serious. It's just, to me linux console seems to be a worse OS
than DOS :P It's a pain to test anything in it (mainly because i only
get a 80x25 mode with this gfx card, and the driver crashes when
switching back to X).

--
Elias Pschernig