Re: [AD] Problems with keyboard

David A. Capello wrote:

I'm having problems with the keyboard in Debian Sarge.

Before, when I have Debian Woody (stable), all works fine, now that I
updated some packages to Debian Sarge (testing) all start going
wrong. The main problem is when I execute an Allegro (4.0.3) program
in the console (not in X), the result of some key pressed are:

Hi David,

This is very strange indeed. I really have no idea why the scancode values are wrong. Do you think you could recompile Allegro from scratch, after making sure the old Allegro was completely uninstalled? If that does not fix it, you could try to debug it by doing some printfs in src/linux/lkeybd.c. I would start at the line "mycode = kernel_to_mycode[code]" in `process_keyboard_data'.

[snip]

PS: Someone can tell me what should be the getkeycodes output?
I got exactly the same output.

Peter