Re: [AD] Problems with keyboard

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 10:17 -0300, David A. Capello wrote:
> I'm having problems with the keyboard in Debian Sarge.
>
> Before, when I have Debian Woody (stable), all works fine, now that I
> updated some packages to Debian Sarge (testing) all start going
> wrong. The main problem is when I execute an Allegro (4.0.3) program
> in the console (not in X), the result of some key pressed are:
>
> Key pressed: <a>
>   readkey  = 0x00001e61 (7777)
>   ascii    = 0x61 (97)
>   scancode = 0x1e (30) [KEY 3]

0x1e is the PC scancode for the A key on english PC keyboards.

> Key pressed: <s>
>   readkey  = 0x00001f73 (8051)
>   ascii    = 0x73 (115)
>   scancode = 0x1f (31) [KEY 4]

0x1f is the PC scancode for the S key on english PC keyboards.. I can
see a pattern here. The console keyboard driver somehow is using the PC
scancodes instead of Allegro scancodes.

I'll try running the console version here, but probably it won't work,
since my card is not even compatible with framebuffer. I'd suggest using
X11 under linux (which, well, has a fundamentally flawed keyboard input
concept with allegro 4.0.x and 4.1.x :P - but still better than what you
seem to be getting).

--
Elias Pschernig