[AD] 4.1.16 RC1 test msvc7..OK!

have just done some testing on  4.1.16 RC1
using msvc7.1  on winXPsp1
it looks good!
ran the profiler and everything checks out OK.
the keyboard caps-lock bug is gone..
the keyboard 'PAUSE' problem is gone.

everything seems OK.

read on if you want to hear about some p4/athlon optimizations:

i also added some optimzed compiler flags to the makefile.vc
for my Athlon, which are also good for Pentium4.
-G7

also added
-GL
for cross-module inlining at link time.

also added
-LTCG
to the link options to assist with the -GL option.

these flags (im my limited tests) have acheived 2 or 3 % performace gain.
and only are available for msvc7 (so hardly worth the effort of adding them to allegro). i'll be testing it on a P4 system in the next few days, and on some mobile cpus (laptops).
i expect it will be better gains on hyperthreaded CPUs.