Re: [AD] 'distclean' patch

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 14:37 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> Daniel Schlyder wrote:
>
> >'distclean' target removes 'docs/txt/tmpfile.txt', which is under revision
> >control.
> >

> I'd rather not apply this patch as-is, as it makes as special case out
> of DISTCLEAN_FILES.  How about just renaming docs/txt/tmpfile.txt?  Say,
> docs/txt/tmpfile.tmp.

Maybe the $(filter-out) can be applied already in makefile.lst? The real
mistake is to include the tmpfile.txt there in the first place (and
therefore makefile.in has the same problem as makefile.all).

But I agree - just renaming the tmpfile.txt is a better idea (I'd prefer
"emptyfile" over "tmpfile.tmp" - it's a permanent file after all).

--
Elias Pschernig