Re: [AD] Bug in 4.1.15's DirectAMX changes

Hi Chris,

> >  > DX:
> >  > hr = IDirectSound_SetCooperativeLevel(directsound, allegro_wnd,
> >  > DSSCL_PRIORITY);
> >  > AllegMix:
> >  > hr = IDirectSound_SetCooperativeLevel(directsound, allegro_wnd,
> >  > DSSCL_WRITEPRIMARY);
> >
> > WritePrimary means you want to write to the main buffer.  This is flaky
> > on some systems - you need to make sure you've got an actual hardware
> > sound card that supports DirectSound in order for it to work.
>
> Perhaps this is the problem then? Allegro might be stealing the main
> buffer away from the other apps, causing them to go silent.
>
> Daniel, could you try to change this? Should be around line 376 of
> src/win/wdsndmix.c. Change it from DSSCL_WRITEPRIMARY to DSSCL_PRIORITY,
> then run make and make install again.

Then it won't work - because with ALMIX you're goal is to write to the main
buffer directly to bypass the directsound mixer and use the allegro's one
instead, right?

I was working (and complaining) on this last week, I'll try again in a
couple of days...

Regards,
Ryan