Re: [AD] new_api_branch news

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

I was meaning to ask about that: were keyboards supposed to plug into the graphic subsystem in the sense that a keyboard object is associated with a particular window? Or do we just grab all keypresses and store the ID of the window the input comes from?

The latter. In AL_KBDSTATE there is a field called `display' which will tell you which window was focused at the time you called al_get_keyboard_state(). Similarly there is a `display' field in AL_KEYBORD_EVENT if you are using events.

About the graphics subsystem: I'm going to stick mostly with Bob's last proposal. I am keeping AL_DISPLAY as something different than a BITMAP though, as I think it makes sense to do that.
Great!

Peter