Re: [AD] Documentation update

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 14:28 +0100, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> On 2004-09-18, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > +On some platforms (like DOS), Allegro requires the user to
> > > specify the +language of the keyboard mapping because it is
> > > impossible to obtain this
> >
> > Maybe change the "(like DOS)" to "(like DOS and Windows)", so it
> > gets clear that it will be the case for most users.
>
> It happens for me under X too (otherwise wouldn't have noticed). Do
> we support a platform where the keyboard mapping can be ignored
> and Allegro will read the keys correctly?

True, X too.. but there keyboard handling is seriously broken (and
always was), so I wouldn't mention it :) OSX and linux console ignore
the key mapping completely. Once me or Peter gets around to write a new
driver for X doing the same, X will be like that too. And eventually we
need to adjust the windows driver to bypass keyboard mapping as well to
finally have platform independent keyboard support in Allegro, like SDL.

--
Elias Pschernig