[AD] possible main magic change?

As far as I can tell it just ain't possible to bind Allegro to most other languages right now. I tried looking for other bindings to see how other people solved the problem but I don't think anyone has. I could only find PyAllegro, and it fails on my OS X system for the same reason my code fails - Allegro's main() never gets called and thus some necessary initialization type stuff never happens.

Would it be possible to move the stuff in Allegro's main() to another function and expose that function to the API, and then have Allegro's main() just call that function? That way those who wanted to (presumably most people) could continue to use END_OF_MAIN like normal, but those who can't do that can call it manually.

Mike Benfield