Re: [AD] removing VBE/AF support

Peter Wang wrote:
I think it's time to remove this driver, at the very least on Linux.

Any particular reason? The way I see these things, you only need to remove them if they're a) causing problems or b) stunting the growth of the rest of the lib. In the case of the DirectX mixer driver, it was doing both.. but AFAIK VBE/AF does neither.

very much doubt that any DOS users use it either.  What do you think?

How does VBE/AF compare against VESA 2 or 3? SciTech Software released their Display Doctor suite for "free" (you can download it and they give you a free registration code), and that's supposed to give you a VBE/AF driver for your card if it's available, as well as VESA 3 support. Plus, even though it's all-but-dead, FreeBE/AF is still there, and since it's open source one could probably easilly create drivers for Radeon or Geforce cards using XFree-drm as a base.

- Kitty Cat