[AD] Allegro on multi-processor machines

A few days ago someone (Peter I think) wondered how Allegro runs on
multi-processor systems. I just tried it on my university workstation (dual
Intel Xeon HT processors, running RedHat Linux, kernel 2.4.21, XFree86 4.3 and
using gcc 3.2.3).
The test program comes up normally, but it freezes after a time. This can be
short or fast, and isn't related to any action by me. A backtrace by gdb seems
to point to _xwin_unlock, suggesting that it is a race condition of some kind.

I am also unable to set a fullscreen X11 mode, although the XVidMode extension
is available. This leaves the system in a screwed up resolution and I can't get
keyboard control in X until I start another Allegro program. I don't think this
is related though.

Evert