Re: [AD] make install DEBUGMODE=1 failure

On Sunday 08 August 2004 04:16, Chris wrote:
> FYI, in Windows/DOS you could do:
> if not exist $(DIR) mkdir $(DIR)
> That way, mkdir will only run if $(DIR) doesn't exist. Although, AFAIK
> there's no way to tell if it's a file or directory that way.

As far as I can remember, you cannot detect wether a directory exists in
this way, only a regular file. Regardless, it's not portable.

I think adding dependencies and build rules for the directories is the
easiest solution. I also feel that it makes sense in some way...

Evert