Re: [AD] stretch_blit problems on WinXP SP2

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
Knowing nothing whatsoever about Windows and not using it myself (let alone on such a system), I haven't tested this. If someone more knowledgeagble could take a look at it to confirm wether or not it's ok...

It looks mostly okay to me. Although I'm not sure how costly VirtualProtect is. If it's fairly costly, you may want to add a check to make sure the memory pointer changed or the size grew:

if(stretcher_info[best].data != _scratch_mem ||
   stretcher_info[best].size < _scratch_mem_size)
    VirtualProtect(...);

However, it's possible a call to VirtualProtect is negligible and you'd waste more time checking than with the actual function call.

Also, old_protect's type really should be DWORD instead of int, in case MS decides to be funny and make DWORD bigger than an int sometime in the future.

- Kitty Cat