Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

On Friday 27 August 2004 12:30, Chris wrote:
> They currently have to if they want it to work under windowed modes in
> Windows. And I think it's a good idea to change X to behave like Windows
> (eg. allow the mouse to leave the window) since auto-mouse-trapping is A
> Bad Thing, IMO.

Note that this only happens if the user requests mouse mickeys from the
driver though. If there's another way to get mickeys, then we could use
that instead.

> That said, no that's not what I meant. What I meant was to implement
> set_mouse_range so the OS properly traps it in the window for us (if the
> range size is less than the window size).

The problem is that under X11, the mouse stops generating movement events
whenever it hits the edge of the window (at least when it is moved further
in that direction). Unlike Windows, this affects fullscreen mode as well
as windowed mode.

Evert