Re: [AD] Re: CVS: allegro/src/dos gripjoy.c,1.9,1.10 sndscape.c,1.8,1.9

Henrik Stokseth wrote:

"Peter Wang" <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip more of the same]

... but there's no need to get silly with this kind of thing.  The
strcpy() call was perfectly safe.  Now it's unreadable.

Yes, that particular codeline was safe as it was. My motivation for changing
it was something else. Say some sloppy coder changes the string literal in
the future without checking the buffer size.

Ok.

And at last the ISO strncpy() is flawed which means Allegro
needed a simmilar function. If you don't like the name, feel free to change
it. al_strncpy() sounds nice.

I was under the impression that I inspired the name :-)

Peter