Re: Re: [AD] minor fix

> Hm, no idea where Eric is currently,
> and Peter announced he doesn't have
> much time anymore for Allegro related

Ah, missed that, I've been away from
october to march.

> - cpptest.diff, export.diff, prop_dup.diff, sincos.diff
>
> Didn't look at them much, guess I'd need someone filling me in in the
> details. Especially, I don't have much experience with grabber plugins.

cpptest: this doesn't compile with Fortify enabled, the patch fixes this.

export.diff: it's just that export is a keyword in C++, so a C++ compiler gets confused with a struct member named export.

prop_dup.diff makes sure properties are duplicated when needed, to avoid double frees.

> And sincos.diff is supposed to make things faster? I'd be willing to
> just apply it in that case - but I can't comment much on it.

It's an old patch, and another one was applied that does some of the same, but IIRC it doesn't do all the applied one does. If it's deemed interesting I'll look at it again.

> - depmod.diff
[...]
> I have no idea about this, but your version works here, so I can apply
> it to head and branch.

It fixes a bug which could cause bash to expand [a-z] and [A-Z] before giving those to tr, tr then getting wrong input.

> > - mouse_object.for-pristine-a13.diff adds a flag
>
> I don't see what the flag does. There can only be one object below the
> mouse, and it always gets the mouse focus anyway.. what am I missing?

It allows an object to say "I don't want the mouse focus unless you really want to", so others can get the mouse in priority.

> people like you or Henrik Stokseth who are in the "lots of other stuff"
> category in the thanks.txt and still seem to be hacking on Allegro from
> time to time should be given CVS access, so they can deal with all the
> CVS and applying-patches stuff themselves? :)

I have a history of letting things through in my patches that break stuff though :)

Thanks a lot for having a look at the patches, much appreciated.

Vincent