Re: [AD] m4 macro for allegro

Elias Pschernig wrote:

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 07:42 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
Has anyone taken a look at this yet?
I'll try to sneak in a glance later in the afternoon if noone has done so yet.

I'm not really sure what this is about, to be honest. Doesn't allegro-
config allready set LIBS and CFLAGS?

The point of m4 macros is to automatically detect what the user has installed on their system during the ./configure stage. If the user doesnt have allegro installed, they wont have `allegro-config --libs`. Also if the user has allegro 4.0.3 and you want them you have 4.1.14 you can check this in ./configure as well. Its a pretty standard thing for most other libraries, so I thought it would be nice for Allegro to have to.