Re: [AD] Latest mixer patch

Elias Pschernig wrote:
I'll add
a comment about this to the docs and ABI compatibility section when
committing.

I don't think this patch can be added to the 4.0 branch. Because it adds the global functions I listed out, ABI compatibility is impossible. If you remove those however, it should be fine.

I read through your changes (without trying to understand them :P) - and
only made some minor formatting changes, and I used ASSERT() instead of
modifying user provided parameters for set_mixer_quality and
_set_mixer_position - since that's the way Allegro normally treats user
parameters. (So instead of silently allowing errors to creep into the
user code, the program aborts.)

+   if((quality < 0) || (quality > 2))
+      quality = 2;

+   ASSERT(_sound_hq >= 0 && _sound_hq <= 2);

Well, the thing is, the Allegro docs never state that a value greater than 2 is invalid, and indeed you could create filters that are activated with quality 3 or higher, as well I also would think a value of <= -1 would indicate the default (which is currently 2).

+   if (position < 0)
+      position = 0;

+   ASSERT(position >= 0);

This however does seem reasonable. :)