Re: [AD] x color conversion again

> %esp only needs to be aligned to 4-byte boundaries.

That's not true anymore with the SIMD x86 extensions.  See for example:
http://gcc.gnu.org:/PR14776

This is a long-standing problem for GCC: some runtimes don't align the stack
pointer to a 16-byte boundary by default, while GCC assumes it is for i686
and newer architectures.  Part of the problem appears to determine who is
responsible for aligning it in the first place.

And I'm not sure but I think recent versions of the Darwin/x86 ABI
explicitly require it.

--
Eric Botcazou