Re: [AD] END_OF_FUNCTION problems in gcc 3.4?

On Friday 23 July 2004 11:03, Sven Sandberg wrote:
>      * The order in which functions, variables, and top-level asm
> statements are emitted may have changed. Code relying on some particular
> ordering needs to be updated. The majority of such top-level asm
> statements can be replaced by section attributes.

Will this also affect the ordering of symbols in the Allegro DLL on
Windows? If so, that may be another serious issue that needs to be
addressed.

> The END_OF_FUNCTION(func) construct in djgpp relies on a particular
> ordering of functions: it declares a new function (called func_end), and
> then LOCK_FUNCTION(func) locks all code between func and func_end. This
> clearly does not work if func and func_end have been reordered.

I think this is specifically something for the DJGPP people to work around.
Either they have to ignore the optimization, or provide an alternate way
to lock function memory. Let's keep an eye on it.

Evert