Re: [AD] Bug Report

At 01:35 PM 15/07/2004, you wrote:

I think I've found a bug in keypressed() behaviour on Win32. I just
want to confirm it.

Details of it are included on:

http://guilt.bafsoft.net/allegro/bugs/keypress.zip

This was tested on both MSVC6 and MingW.. and the behaviour was alike. (Win98)

There are known problems with keys in directx, this is not necessarily allegro's fault. Allegro uses directx in MS Windows graphics mode, so any problems in directx will appear in allegro. I'm a keen game player, and sometimes things go berserk, with the game screen constantly scrolling to one side. Pressing the cursor key that points the opposite way stops the problem. This happens both on my W98SE Cyrix machine and on my XP Athlon machine. The games don't use allegro to my knowledge, so it's possibly not fair to blame allegro. The key problem mostly seems to affect W98, but I wouldn't be surprised if other versions of Windows have the same problem.

In addition there is a potential style issue:

allegro_init();
if(set_gfx_mode(GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED,320,200,0,0)>=0)
if(install_keyboard()>=0)

The install_keyboard() goes before the set_gfx_mode() in the allegro examples:

allegro_init();
if(install_keyboard()>=0)
if(set_gfx_mode(GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED,320,200,0,0)>=0)

Sig:

Problem:
- you have a persistent headache every day
- you hear distorted voices, and when you look around there's nobody there
- you can't seem to focus on anything for a long time

Solution:
Turn off your mobile phone.